Holiday Gift Wrapping Tips
Click here to watch my tips for holiday gift wrapping.
Here are a few tips to help make your holiday wrapping easy and fun.
- Hand crafted gift bags are easy to create and great for odd sized
gifts. They can be made ahead of time to get a jump on your holiday
wrapping. They also are a gift in themselves because they can be saved
to store holiday ornaments, cards or decorations.
- Decorate with ornaments! Inexpensive ornaments can be attached to
a gift to make it look dramatic and also is an addition to the gift.
- Decorated takeout boxes are great for giving cookies and other food
items. They have a more personal touch than a tin.
- If you have multiple gifts to wrap for the same person, wrap them
all in coordinating paper and stack them into a tower using double-stick
tape. This way you only have to decorate the top box to make the gift
set look magnificent.
- Be creative! There are no rules with gift-wrapping so don’t
be afraid to experiment.
Holiday Wrapping Survival Kit
Listed below is a list of supplies you will need to make your holiday
gift-wrapping experience as stress-free and effortless as possible.
- Tape Measure
- Acrylic Ruler
- Scotch® Paper Cutter
You can quickly and easily cut precise sections of paper to wrap gifts.
- Scotch® Precision Scissors
These are great because they cut so smoothly. They come in 6",
7" and 8" lengths. Use the larger pair of scissors for cutting
craft paper and the smaller pairs for ribbon and precision cutting.
- Scotch® Double Sided Tape
This is the ideal when you want to hide the tape under the paper to
give the gift a more polished, clean look.
- Scotch® Pop-up Tape
This tape is a great time saver for holiday wrapping especially if
you have to wrap multiple gifts. Each piece is pre-cut so you can
use one hand to hold your paper in place and the other to tape.
- Scotch® Permanent Glue Stick and Wrinkle-Free Glue Stick
Use this glue stick to attach scrapbooking paper to gifts, bags and
cards. It is very easy to use and does not wrinkle the paper or leave
lumps when it dries.
- Scotch® Clear Glue with 2-Way Applicator
This glue is perfect for attaching fabric ribbon and bows to gifts.
It dries clear so it does not show though the ribbon.
- Scotch® Quick-Dry Tacky Adhesive
Forget the glue gun! Use this glue to attach the beads and flowers
onto my gifts. You only need to apply a small amount to the back of
items. The tackiness of the glue allows them to be positioned exactly
you want them without slipping.