How to Wrap a rectangular box
Here is a technique for creating a perfectly wrapped present every
time. Remember, the paper is the canvas for your masterpiece gift design
so you want it to look as nice as possible. Below are the directions
to wrap a rectangular box.
- Tape measure
- Double sided tape
- Wrapping paper
- Measure the top length of the box plus the both ends for the first
measurement. (Length A)
- Then measure around the entire box plus 2 inches for the second
measurement. (Length B)
- Using a ruler and a pencil, measure lengths A and B on the inside
of the wrapping paper and cut a rectangle to the measured size.
- Place your box face down in the center of your paper.
- Fold one side of length B (the measurement that wrapped around the
entire box) over about a half an inch to form a nice edge.
- Using double-sided tape, apply strips of tape, evenly spaced, on
the folded edge.
- Wrap the folded edge side of the paper tightly overlapping the cut
edge so that the seam in the middle of the box.
- Slide the box from inside the paper so it is in the center between
each open side.
- Fold down the top edge on one end of the box and then fold the sides
inward creating two diagonal creases.
- Repeat the previous steps the other side.
- Fold the end over so its length matches the angles of the box sides
when folded up.
- Place pieces of double-sided tape evenly on the ends and fold up.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Now you have a perfectly wrapped box.