Difficulty - Easy
- Small piece of gold metallic wrapping paper
- Assorted pieces of gold ribbon
- Gold glitter glue
- 3 gold snowflakes or other mini-ornaments
- Fancy paper for printing the 2010
- Gold glittery three pronged holiday pick
- Cut a piece of metallic wrapping paper the length to wrap around the wine bottle plus 2 inches and ½ inch longer than the desired width of the band.
- On the wrong side of the paper, fold each edge in ¼ inch. Using glue stick, apply glue to the inside of the paper, especially around the edges, and fold the paper in half to form a band.
- Print out “2010” in a decorative font onto a nice piece of paper. Cut it out into a rectangle and decorate the numbers with gold glitter glue. Let dry.
- Decorate the band with pieces of ribbon and holiday accents. Attach the 2010 to the center top of the band and outline it with glitter glue. Let dry.
- Tape the glittery pick to the back of the bottle so it can be easily slid out when it is time to pop the cork.
Note: This holiday pick was purchased at a Michael’s craft store. They come in different metallic glittery colors.
- Apply double-stick tape to the wrong side of the band and attach it to the bottle, overlapping the ends where the pick is attached to the bottle.
- Wrap a ribbon around the bottle neck and attach it with double-stick tape. Trim the tails to match lengths and cut the ends into a V shape. Glue a holiday accent to the bottle where the two ribbons cross to complete the design.